Top-Rated Newburgh Attorney Representing Clients Throughout Warrick County
Our founder, Newburgh attorney Jared Michel Thomas is a native of Southern Indiana and a strong advocate for the rights and interests of his clients. If you need legal guidance and support, we are ready to help. Call us at 812-492-1900 or send us a message online to set up your confidential, no-obligation initial legal consultation.
At Thomas Law, we are proud to serve Newburgh. Situated on the banks of the Ohio River, Newburgh is a small town with a big history. It was once a prominent stop on the Underground Railroad and the Old Newburgh Presbyterian Church and Original Newburgh Historic District are both nationally registered as important historical places. The town’s unique architecture is especially notable.
An Overview of Our Newburgh Criminal Defense Practice
If you were arrested and charged with a criminal offense, it is entirely normal to feel stressed out and overwhelmed by the circumstances you are facing. You need an aggressive advocate in your corner. At Thomas Law, our criminal defense team handles both state and federal criminal charges. We will take immediate action to protect your future and your freedom. Among other types of charges, our Newburgh criminal defense attorney can help you with:
- Misdemeanors: In Indiana, criminal charges are classified as ‘misdemeanor’ offenses if the maximum sentence carries less than one year in prison. Some common examples of misdemeanors in Indiana include marijuana possession, battery, intoxicated driving, trespassing, and disorderly conduct. If you or your loved one is facing a misdemeanor charge, please contact our Newburgh misdemeanor defense lawyer for help.
- Felonies: A felony is a serious criminal charge. If you or your loved one was charged with a felony in Newburgh, it is crucial that you take immediate action to protect your rights. Jared Michel Thomas has extensive experience handling felony cases in Southern Indiana.
- Federal Criminal Defense: For a number of different reasons, federal criminal cases are unique. Defendants facing this type of charge need a lawyer with experience practicing in the federal system. Call our Newburgh federal criminal defense attorney today to arrange a confidential initial review of your case.
- Burglary, Robbery & Theft: In Indiana, burglary and robbery are felony offenses. Theft may be charged as a Class A misdemeanor, though it can be a felony if the amount that was allegedly taken is greater than $750. All three charges carry the potential for significant jail time. Our Newburgh criminal defense lawyer has the skills and experience needed to defend you against burglary, robbery, or theft charges.
- Sexual Assault: Sex offenses carry an enormous stigma. These cases should be handled with due discretion and diligence. If you or your loved one is facing a sex crimes charge, contact our Newburgh sexual assault attorney for help.
- Drug Crimes & Drug Trafficking: Drug crimes are serious offenses in Indiana. At Thomas Law, our Newburgh drug crimes defense lawyer has the skills, legal knowledge, and real-world experience to handle the full range of state and federal drug charges, including possession and trafficking.
- Weapons & Gun Charges: Weapons crimes are often charged as felony offenses. If you or your loved one is facing a state or federal firearms offense, contact our Newburgh criminal defense lawyer for help.
- Assault and Battery: In Indiana, battery is the knowing and intentional touching of another person in an angry, rude, or insolent manner. The severity of battery charges varies based on the nature of the alleged offense. Call our Newburgh assault and battery defense attorney for help with your case.
- Domestic Violence: If there is a special relationship between the alleged perpetrator and alleged victim (spouse, family member, etc.) battery may be charged as domestic battery. Contact our Newburgh domestic violence defense lawyer today to get help with a domestic violence case.
- DUI: Intoxicated driving is one of the most common criminal charges filed in Southern Indiana. If you were arrested for drunk driving or drugged driving, call our Newburgh DUI defense lawyer for immediate help with your case.
- Expungements: Under Indiana state law, there are a number of different steps you can take to clean up your criminal records. Call our Newburgh expungement attorney today to learn more about your options for getting records sealed to the public.
Other Legal Services We Offer in Newburgh, Indiana
Beyond our state and federal criminal defense practice, we also offer a wide range of other general litigation legal services in Newburgh. Thomas law can assist you with:
- Family Law: Family law matters should always be handled with an extra level of care and sensitivity. We know how emotionally difficult it can be to go through a family dispute. We handle the full spectrum of family law cases in Southern Indiana, including divorce, property division, child custody, child support, and paternity actions. Call our Newburgh family law attorney for immediate assistance with your case.
- Personal Injury: If you were hurt in a serious accident, you need compensation to pay your bills. Call our Newburgh personal injury lawyer today for help with your case.
- Property Disputes: We help people navigate property disputes in civil court. Our Newburgh property dispute attorney will protect your legal rights.
You Can Rely on Newburgh Attorney Jared Michel Thomas
Born in Southern Indiana, Jared Michel Thomas founded Thomas Law in 2011 to provide top-quality, reliable legal representation to people who need support. We are ready to get started working on your case today. Among other things, our Newburgh attorney is prepared to:
- Listen to your story
- Answer any questions and explain your rights
- Investigate your case
- Take legal action to get you and your family the best outcome
We firmly believe that every client deserves personalized guidance and support from a lawyer who truly cares about their needs. Our Newburgh attorney will put forth the effort, focus, and resources to ensure that you get the highest level of representation.
Call Our Newburgh, IN Attorney for Immediate Assistance
At Thomas Law, our Newburgh lawyer is an experienced, effective advocate for clients. We are ready to protect your rights and help you find the best solution. Call our legal team at 812-492-1900 or reach out to us directly online for a confidential initial consultation. We serve communities throughout all of Warrick County, including but not limited to Newburgh, Boonville, Chandler, Lynnville, and Tennyson.