Top-Rated Federal Criminal Defense Lawyer Handling Federal Criminal Charges in Southern Indiana
At Thomas Law, our Indiana federal criminal defense attorney is a reliable, aggressive advocate for clients. Jared Michel Thomas has deep experience handling complex federal cases. If you or your family member is facing federal criminal charges, we are more than ready to help. To arrange your fully confidential, no-obligation consultation with an experienced federal criminal defense lawyer in Southern Indiana, please call our Evansville law office at 812-492-1900 or get in touch with us directly through our website.
We Handle the Full Range of Federal Criminal Charges in Indiana
Facing a criminal charge is stressful and frightening, especially when the federal government is involved. At Thomas Law, we are qualified to handle the full range of federal criminal cases, including appeals. No matter your circumstances, our law firm is ready to take immediate action to protect your rights. Among other types of federal criminal charges, our Evansville criminal defense attorney has the skills and experience to assist you with:
- Federal Drug Crimes: In some cases, drug offenses are charged as federal crimes instead of state crimes. Most often, this occurs when there are allegations of inter-state trafficking of controlled substances. Though, you could also face a federal charge for drug possession that (allegedly) happened on federal property. Federal prosecutors frequently bring drug charges as part of large criminal cases—meaning there may be multiple defendants and overlapping cases. If you or your loved one is facing federal drug charges, contact our Indiana criminal defense lawyer for immediate help.
- Federal Guns Weapons Charges: Federal prosecutors may bring a firearms charge against a defendant who unlawfully buys, sells, or transports a weapon across state lines. Federal gun charges carry very stiff felony criminal penalties. If you were arrested on a federal firearm or weapons charge, call our Evansville law office now for legal help.
- Federal White-Collar Offenses: The Department of Justice (DOJ) and other federal agencies have the jurisdictional authority to pursue charges for a number of different fraud offenses and other white-collar crimes. Some examples include securities fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, and tax fraud. If you are facing a federal fraud or white-collar criminal charge in Southern Indiana, contact our Evansville law office for confidential legal guidance.
- Federal Sex Offenses: The majority of sex crimes fall under state law. A person accused of sexual assault or another similar offense will typically face charges in state court. Nonetheless, the federal government has jurisdiction over a number of different sex-related offenses. Some examples include child pornography, child exploitation, and computer-related sex offenses. These are all very serious allegations that require immediate attention. Contact our Indiana federal sex crimes defense attorney now for a confidential consultation.
What Makes Federal Criminal Charges Different?
There are some key differences between federal criminal charges and state criminal charges. You need to be prepared to deal with the full force of the federal government after having been accused of a federal offense. Here are four important things that make federal charges unique:
- Different Court System: If you are facing a federal charge, it is imperative that you find an Indiana defense lawyer with experience practicing in federal court. An attorney with practical experience in federal court can help you navigate the system. While there are plenty of similarities, the Indiana rules of procedure and criminal code and the federal rules of procedure and criminal code are far from identical.
- Jurisdictional Questions: There are sometimes complex jurisdictional issues that need to be resolved. You will want an attorney who is on top of these matters and can explain to you the potential federal and state ramifications of any allegations. Facing a federal charge does not also prevent a state charge for similar conduct.
- Powerful Agencies: Federal cases sometimes involve investigative efforts by aggressive agencies, such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), or the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Aggressive, Well-Resourced Prosecutors: Finally, federal prosecutors (frequently) have more resources at their disposal than do state prosecutors. That is not to say that state prosecutors are easy to deal with. Still, federal prosecutors tend to be even more aggressive when they bring a criminal case. If you were arrested on a federal charge, you need a tenacious legal advocate in your corner.
Jared Michel Thomas is an Experienced Indiana Federal Criminal Defense Lawyer
Thomas Law was founded in 2011 to provide the highest level of professional service to clients. As a seasoned criminal defense lawyer in Southern Indiana, Jared Michel Thomas has represented people facing federal charges and in federal criminal appeals. Mr. Thomas is more than ready to get started on your case. When you get in touch with our Evansville office, you will consult with an Indiana federal criminal defense lawyer who can:
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the federal charges
- Carefully explain your legal rights and legal options
- Investigate the arrest and charges—securing all relevant evidence
- Build a legal defense strategy laser-focused on getting you the best outcome
We know how intimidating it is to go up against federal prosecutors. You are not alone. Our Indiana federal criminal defense team will put in the time and resources necessary to understand your case and craft a personalized defense—whether that means fighting hard to get unjust charges dismissed or working towards a plea agreement that protects your future and your freedom.
Call Our Evansville, IN Federal Criminal Defense Attorney
At Thomas Law, our Indiana criminal defense lawyer has the skills, experience, and legal expertise to handle complex federal cases. If you or your loved one was arrested on federal criminal charges, we are here to help. Contact us at 812-492-1900 to set up your strictly confidential, no-obligation legal consultation. From our office in Evansville, we defend federal criminal charges throughout Southern Indiana, including in Vanderburgh County, Posey County, Warrick County, and Spencer County.